Sorry to be AWOL! But I’m in the midst of exams…until Monday! I promise to return soon.
Until then, here’s a couple of things to keep you entertained!
Here’s a great sugar cookie recipe I found. The cookies are delish! Definitely recommend you give it a try if you’re looking for a good recipe!
Original Recipe Yield 5 dozen
- 1 1/2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Cover, and chill dough for at least one hour (or overnight).
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Roll out dough on floured surface 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Cut into shapes with any cookie cutter. Place cookies 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes in preheated oven. Cool completely.
I’ll leave you with one of my favorite Christmas songs: (of course it has to be the Burl Ives version!)