I hope you are all having a fabulous day today I sure am! It’s 3:30 and I’ve pretty much gotten everything done that I needed to accomplish today so I’m gonna curl up with the fourth Harry Potter until Bartek gets home.
Today was legs day at the gym, which should usually fall on Wednesday but this week and last week it’s been on Thursday.
This is what I did:
- 10 mins warm up on treadmill
- 2×15 freehand jump squats
- 3×12 plie dumbbell squats
- 3×12 dumbbell side split squat (I hate this one, I need to find something to replace it)
- 3×12 leg press
- 3×10 seated leg curl
- 3×12 leg extensions
- 3×12 calf raise
- 20 mins treadmill
I mentioned before that I follow a Jamie Eason workout for these (though NOT livefit).
When I came home, only one thing could satisfy me… my favorite Green Monster!
This is my go to recipe for green monsters:
Miranda’s Favorite Green Monster
- 1 cup almond milk, vanilla unsweetened
- 2 huge handfuls of spinach, steamed in the microwave
- 1 heaping tsp of chia seeds (or sometimes I use ground flax)
- 7-9 ice cubes
- 2 tbsp greek yogurt (I’m trying to cut down on my sugar intake…the greek yogurt with the least sugar+most protein was Oikos Fat free)
- 6-8 large strawberries
- 1 banana
- Throw it all in the blender. Well well mixed, drink it like you mean it
So complicated, right? I like to throw in vanilla protein powder sometimes but I ran out and now I only have chocolate, which doesn’t go well with the other ingredients :s
One of the reasons I don’t have to do anything else today is because dinner is leftovers. Yes, the most delicious leftovers. Last night, Bartek and I had a wonderful friend come over, and we decided to feed her one of our favorite meals! We love Oh She Glows’ Vegan Enchiladas with Cilantro Avocado Cream Sauce . They are so delicious.
Cooking all the veggies and beans:
Cilantro Avocado Cream sauce:
Yum! I can’t wait for leftovers tonight!
Have a fabulous day luvlies!
Can you recommend a good vanilla protein powder?